Climatescope tracks the conditions for clean energy investment on and off the grid, and provides a wealth of publicly-available information on 58 emerging markets in Africa, Asia and Latin America & the Caribbean.
Some key findings:
- Steep solar equipment cost declines are catalysing build and driving growth. Investment in utility-scale solar in Climatescope nations spiked 43% to $71.8bn in 2015.
- Cheap solar, innovative business models, and a new breed of entrepreneurs are revolutionizing how energy access issues are addressed in least developed nations.
- Developed economies are accelerating funding for clean energy in emerging markets.
- Some Climatescope countries with the highest rates of clean energy penetration are beginning to encounter integration challenges.
- Improving conditions and rising ambitions are reflected in higher scores achieved by the majority of countries surveyed under Climatescope.
- Category: Solar Industry Reports
- Source: Bloomberg New Energy Finance (BNEF)
- Publication Date: 12/2016
- Country: United States
- Language: English
- Hits: 184